One of Phil’s favorite projects is the transplantation and relocation of large shrubs and trees. He derives great personal satisfaction in saving a plant that would otherwise be cut down. We have been relocating plants for twenty-five years with great success. Some of the steps we take to insure successful establishment of a transplant are:
- Determine current health of specimen and feasibility of relocation
- Soil tests of existing soils and relocation site soils.
- Pre-care when time allows (soil modification, water management, nutrients).
- Hand shaping and tying of the root ball.
- Careful, time tested relocation techniques.
- After care programs (soil modification, water management, nutrients).